It’s almost May, which means it’s almost time for…miniSHEs! The challenges SHEs face don’t just start with adulthood, which is why, for all of May, we’re focusing on miniSHEs.
How do you raise a miniSHE to be empowered and confident in a world that, many times, focuses on what she isn’t rather than who she is?
We want you to tell us!* We’re looking for people to guestblog or vlog about their daughters, nieces, grandchildren, students, and/or nonbinary children who use “she” pronouns and help us understand how adult allies can help miniSHEs be the happiest, most confident, most successful SHEs they can be!
We’ve got a few different ways for you to participate in our series guest blogs. Please email us at www.youngbosSHE@gmail.com with questions or submissions!
Guiding Topics (Freeform):
- How do you teach your miniSHE about difficult social topics (i.e. sexism, racism, or homo/trans- phobia; bullying, body image, “mean girls”, unsupportive teachers, consent and boundarie)
- What from your childhoood are you actively avoiding in your own parenting, and what have you made sure to carry on?
- How do you form and find support circles for you as a parent? How do you ensure your miniSHE has her own support circles?
- What does work/life balance look like for you?
- miniSHE First Name Only:
- Tell us about yourself: who are you, where are you from, what do you do?
- Tell us about your miniSHE: how old is SHE? What’s going on in her life right now?
- What are some activities you do together to help empower each other, bond, and grow together?
- What about being a parent brings you the most joy?
- What’s the most challenging part of having a miniSHE?
- What about your miniSHE makes you the proudest? (this can be personal, school-related, etc.)
- If you could go back in time and offer yourself sixty seconds of advice just before you became a parent, what would you say?
- What resources do you use to help you parent and raise an empowered SHE?
- For your miniSHE: tell us about your parent(s). What makes them special? What do you love about them? How do they help you?
A 1-3 minute video of you and/or your miniSHE talking about any of the topics/questions above.
*You must be a legal guardian or have permission from a legal guardian of the featured miniSHEto submit a guest blog for this series. Additionally, please remember that the internet is forever and respect any boundaries about sharing information, pictures, or personal stories that you’ve set in place with your family or miniSHE.